[mythtv-users] lirc file for Onkyo RC-746M remote controller?

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Wed Nov 3 13:21:30 UTC 2010

On Nov 3, 2010, at 9:04 AM, Richard Shaw wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 4:19 PM, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 4:47 PM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Jarod,
>>>
>>> Since it appears you're now the maintainer, what would it take to get
>>> my config added to the list?
>>
>> Just like it says at the top of your config. :)
>>
>> (lirc at bartelmus.de goes to both me and Christoph right now)
>>
>> Is the remote really actually different than the ones already
>> available? Either way, yeah, it can be added.
>
> Not sure if it's different. I wonder if running a diff against them
> would be effective?

Maybe, maybe not. Hard to say. Its not terribly hard to spot-check the codes by hand though, and/or just try each of the configs, see what responds. I've got an Onkyo RC-765M here myself I can try some things with when I have a chance.

> There may be some different buttons available on
> certain remotes but I'm guessing the standard Onkyo DVD codes haven't
> changed.
>
> If it can be determined that they are in fact identical then it may be
> more appropriate to have a generic Onkyo_DVD config instead of listing
> each remote separately.

Yeah, that's what I'd rather see. Can list in the config file itself remote models that its known to support. At a glance, a few of them seem at least somewhat similar, but they're not all the same.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com