[mythtv-users] PCI-E Firewire Interface Suggestions

chris_toliver at lycos.com chris_toliver at lycos.com
Tue Nov 2 13:40:04 UTC 2010

----- Original Message -----
Message: 14
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 13:52:16 -0400
Subject: [mythtv-users] PCI-E Firewire Interface Suggestions
To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org

Can anyone give me any PCI-E firewire interfaces that works well with
linux/myth?   I have bought a couple of ebay specials that use the via
chipset and both have a issue of working for a while and then the Node info
disappears or come up using a different node number when using the same
port, then being marked as down in mythtv.   I have been looking at TI and
LSI chipsets but can't find a definitive answer as to if there is a better
supported card/chipset.
I am using this one:
SYBA PCI-Express 1394a FireWire 4 ports Controller Card Model SD-PEX-NEC4F
<http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812186009&Tpk=SYBA%20PCI-Express%201394a%20FireWire%204%20ports%20Controller>

I originally picked it because the NEC chipset sounded like a good pedigree.

It has been very solid for me with a Motorola HD
set top box and 3-digit channel changer.