[mythtv-users] Anyone heard of a remote KVM/Display device for Mythboxes/Linux?

AntiCat mythtv at anticat.ch
Mon Nov 1 20:46:53 UTC 2010

Am 01.11.2010 21:31, schrieb Mark:
> Tom Lichti wrote:
>>> There are lots of IP based kvm solutions, but unless you just sweat
>>> cash, they are kind of pricey for home  :)
>>>
>>> Quite a bit cheaper are ip based power switches you can put between
>>> the wall and pc..  Someone posted one a while back on the list..  They
>>> can be had for usually around ~$110 a port I have found..
>> Right.  I was picturing a little Raritan like device too.  I have not been
>> able to find anything googleing around though.

I still use a Lantronix Device back from the Company I did my apprenticeship 10
Years ago.

http://www.lantronix.com/it-management/console-servers/scs100-scs200-scs400.html

The key words you should google for are Serial Server or Console Server.

Another aproach could be to use an USB Server (often included in SOHO routers)
and attach an USB to serial converter Using a 0-Modem Cable.