[mythtv-users] mythbackend crashes every 6-7 hours

Gavin Hurlbut gjhurlbu at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 20:12:10 UTC 2010

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 12:32 PM, Rob Verduijn <rob.verduijn at gmail.com> wrote:
> system-data2 /data2 443Gb XFS
> system-data2 is used for the recordings.
> There is 59Gb free space left on that partition
> No redundancy has been provided because I  don't care about the local data.

OK, by my calculation, this is about 87% full.  XFS is known to have
issues with filesystems that are approaching full (bad fragmentation,
IIRC).

xfs_db -c frag -r /dev/whatever/system-data2
xfs_db -c freesp -r /dev/whatever/system-data2

The first shows fragmentation in the used drive space, and the second
shows the fragmentation in the free drive space (which is more likely
to be the issue at hand).

Also, it seems that you may be running on SSD drives (I don't remember
any 256GB drives that aren't SSD)?  That may somehow be coming into
play.  Maybe your 1G+ is data trying to get to your drives and making
it there slower than its coming in?

I can't download your valgrind logs from rapidshare as it says all the
free downloads are used up, and I'm not gonna send them money :)