[mythtv-users] No EPG data on DVB-T

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon May 31 20:36:49 UTC 2010

On 31 May 2010 17:16, Josu Lazkano <josu.lazkano at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, I am having problems with my new DVB-T, KWorld Dual DVB-T stick (399U).
>
> It does not get any EPG data. Is there any tool to verify is it really
> get EPG or not?
>
> I can watch channels well.

Are you scanning for DVB channels within MythTV?

I suggest you start by using a simpler GUI app like Kaffeine. It will
display the EPG if it can receive it, and is more user-friendly than
dvbsnoop. dvbsnoop (and by extension epgsnoop, which was mentioned in
another thread) will be able to give you the answer to "Is an EPG
being transmitted in the DVB stream" though.

I see that you posted to linux-media a while ago about the KWorld card
- try configuring only one of the tuners in MythTV and see if that
helps. Start with active EIT collection disabled and start LiveTV or
schedule something to record. The EPG should be received whilst
watching LiveTV or during a scheduled recording (this is how passive
EIT collection works).

Cheers,
Nick

--