[mythtv-users] Tuner no turning off

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Sun May 30 23:56:56 UTC 2010

> The only device on my network that uses the HDHomeRun is my mythbox, I never
> watch live TV though the mybox yet it seems that tuner1 on the HDHomerun is
> active, is it possible that myth is not disconnecting from the HDHomerun
> after it is done recording a channel.  Actually right now it seems both
> tuners on the HDHomerun are in use as I have three lights on.
> Any help in diagnosing this would be helpful.

In the tuner setup screens there is a setting that allows you to only
use the capture card when recording or in Live TV.

1) Run mythtvsetup (the separate setup progrtam, not the setup screens
you see from mythfrontend).
2) For each card go into Capture Card Setup, select the Recording
Options button.
3) Make sure "Open DVD card on demand" is ticked.

Not sure if this also works with a HDHR but have give it a try and see
if it helps.