[mythtv-users] Update programs from EIT

Josu Lazkano josu.lazkano at gmail.com
Sat May 29 15:50:04 UTC 2010

2010/5/29, Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com>:

> If you are using only EIT for programme information, you _do not_ need
>  to run mythfilldatabase. You only need to run mythfilldatabase if you
>  are using Schedules Direct or XMLTV. Programme listeings do not
>  "magically" appear for EIT if you run mythfilldatabase. As your log
>  shows that you have 2 video sources using EIT defined, are you using
>  another tuner besides the DVB-T device?

The DVB-T device is a twin tuner, I have two devices on /dev/dvb/.

>  If you still have no programme listings, your problem is elsewhere. If
>  you are using active EIT scanning, you need to leave the backend for
>  some time to collect information in the background. If you are using
>  passive EIT, programme data is only collected during recordings.

I don't know how to configure active or passive scaning.

>  Cheers,
>  Nick
>
>  --
>  Nick Morrott
>
>  MythTV Official wiki: http://mythtv.org/wiki/

I configure on the "mythtv-setup" to take programs from EIT and
configure on the Input both devices to EIT video source, is this the
correct config?

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards.

--