[mythtv-users] Sony BD bluetooth remote and changing key mappings

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Sat May 29 08:55:27 UTC 2010

On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 7:29 PM, Jason Chambers
<lists at purplish-monkey.com> wrote:
> On 29/05/2010 07:19, Nick Rout wrote:
>> I have a Sony PS3 Blu-ray style remote that I have set up via the
>> instructions here
>> http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO_Setup_PS3_BD_Remote
>
> <snip>
>
>> Can anyone tell me how to dynamically switch input.conf, or otherwise
>> deal with this problem? From my quick experiments, changing input.conf
>> doesn't appear to register immediately - I am not sure what I need to
>> do to get the input.conf re-read. (Then I could write a script to swap
>>  input.conf files, start XBMC, and when XBMC exits, swap the
>> input.conf back to the mythtv one)
>
> Restarting bluetoothd does the trick.  Granted stopping & restarting
> daemons my seem a bit OTT, but its a quick process so it shouldn't
> introduce a noticeable delay.

Thanks that's useful info. I'll have a play tomorrow (about to go to
bed and watch a movie on that machine. If I play with it now and break
something the WAF factor will not be worth it, this is Saturday night
with the kids all out after all!)

And thanks for the rest of your post.