[mythtv-users] IPad and mythtv.

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Fri May 28 20:14:24 UTC 2010

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 4:05 PM, jedi <jedi at mishnet.org> wrote:
> On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 02:24:00PM -0400, Jarod Wilson wrote:
>> >
>> > ...that's assuming that you've got the 2 cores laying around waiting to service
>> > your devices. Most of my cores are already spoken for for some other myth related
>> > purpose.
>>

> ...not everyone's configuration is the same.

Obviously. But short of analog TV w/software encoding and/or already
doing lots of post-recording transcoding, what's keeping other
people's backends so busy?

>> >   You still need to setup format support and this isn't necessarily
>> > as easy as you might think.
>>
>> Have you tried it? It *is* that easy. :)
>
>    Yup. Ugly as sin on an iPad too.
>
>    I tried out a home video on the mother-in-law and she asked to see it
> on the main myth frontend instead.

Ugly how? Bad transcode? Not streaming fast enough (insufficient
bandwidth) so it was pixellated? Not really sure how this is a
"difficulty of setup" issue.

>> Not at the low end of the spectrum, no. But I got the 64GB iPad.
>
>    Even at the high end of the spectrum they lag behind older devices from
> other vendors.

You have a touchscreen device with 10 hours of battery life and
flash-based storage larger than 64GB?

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com