[mythtv-users] Cleaning my DB?

Bill Bogstad bogstad at pobox.com
Fri May 28 15:34:13 UTC 2010

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 11:00 AM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 05/28/2010 09:39 AM, Derek Stark wrote:
>>
>> I'm about to move to .23. Notice how I didn't say "upgrade"? I'd like to
>> clean a lot of things out of my database. I've got a phantom tuner, tuner
>> IDs in the high teens,
>
> This is the only thing you've mentioned that warrants cleaning up.  You can
> clean it with
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034 .

One issue that I have had with deleting tuners/video sources is that
all of my old recordings lose
their channel identification information.  (Admittedly this is a minor
aesthetic issue.) The recorded table still has a chanid, but the
channel table no longer has an entry for it.

 If I'm no longer going to record using a particular tuner/video
source, but still want old recordings to list a channel what is the
correct way to switch to new tuners/video sources?  Should I just
never delete video sources?   Are there potential problems with having
unused video sources?   In particular, if no tuner is attached to a
video source will mythfilldatabase ignore that source or do I have to
do something else to stop downloads from occurring?

Thanks,
Bill Bogstad