[mythtv-users] Mythweb and nokia n900

Gary Dawes gary.dawes at gmail.com
Fri May 28 05:21:31 UTC 2010

On 28 May 2010 02:30, Bill Kenworthy <billk at iinet.net.au> wrote:

> I tried to access mythweb using a nokia n900 - it all works except
> playing any video.
>
> The browser navigates correctly and spawns the builtin player, which
> immediately errors off with something like "Unknown format, cant play
> media"
>
> Is it a mythweb problem, n900 problem or do I need to transcode to
> something else in size and format?
>
> mythweb works to linux and windoze laptops etc.
>
> BillK
>
> Not sure about the N900 but this is what I did on my N810 and N800, as the
built-in media player on those devices also has a limited range of codecs.
Also mplayer can play back video at a much higher quality than the builtin
player on my devices

Install mplayer from extras.
Install mplayer-plugin from extras

mplayer-plugin is a plugin for the browser on the tablets which will then
spawn a instance of mplayer and play the videos in that.

That works for me with xvid/divx etc, and even standard dvb-t, occasionally
some of the lesser channels in the UK will transmit programmes with such low
quality that the N810 will play them (just).

normally though, I have a user job setup though mythexport, which transcodes
down the recordings of choice, and I then pull them down with Gpodder for
watching on the move.

Gary