[mythtv-users] HDPVR Crashes With Missing S/PDIF Input

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Thu May 27 01:44:48 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-05-26 at 16:00 -0700, Kirk Bocek wrote:

> Locking-up in response to missing audio input is aberrant behavior and
> should be addressed in the wiki.

That isn't what I saw. On my system I just kept getting "recorder
failed" when I tried to make recordings from it when the audio cable was
not connected. Like you, I expected to just get video-only recordings; I
was only doing it because I didn't have an extra optical cable on hand
when I got the device, and I was just trying to get it set up. I did
spend a lot of time beating my head against the wall, but I never
experienced any lock-ups.

--Greg