[mythtv-users] tveeprom 2-0050: Huh, no eeprom present (err=-6)?

Clay ctmythtv at pacbell.net
Wed May 26 18:25:47 UTC 2010

coffee wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-05-26 at 09:48 -0700, Clay wrote:
>> coffee wrote:
>> > Hello Everyone,
>> >
>> > I have just subscribed to the list again.
>> >
>> > The other day my remote control quit working. HUmmmm? I have not done
>> > any upgrades and have the correct settings
>> > set in the mythtvfrontend setup for the remote. But going thru my logs I
>> > found the following error:
>> > -------------------------------------------------
>> >
>> > Im thinking right now, Swap the receiver to the other cards port and
>> > perhaps back in business? Can I get that lucky?
>> >
>> > thanks for any input on this problem,
>> >

>> Years ago, I pinched the wire to the IR receiver putting the cover on my
>> mythbox. It borked something on the card since swapping out the IR
>> didn't fix the problem.
>> To lazy to open the box and swap the cards, I plugged the IR into the
>> other pvr-150 and fumbled around the config files to point at card #2
>> for remote signals.
>>
> Do you remember how you did that? I havent fiddled with modprobe since
> they changed it away from /etc/modprobe.conf.
>
> ??
>
> coffee

Sure.
I dug around in conf files until I found something that looked like it
might be related to lirc, found a reference to card0 and changed it to
card1.

Or something...
Documentation is not my strong suit.

I've actually done this twice, again after a dist upgrade. Second time
was easier since I could search for (bla).bkup on the old drive and
narrow down the choices.
I'll see if I can (remember to) dig it up again tonight.