[mythtv-users] HDPVR Crashes With Missing S/PDIF Input

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Wed May 26 14:38:05 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-05-25 at 22:10 -0700, Kirk Bocek wrote:

> After many backend reboots and power-cycling of the HDPVR I finally
> figured out that I had knocked out the optical S/PDIF cable
[...]
> I'm posting this because I've haven't seen this problem mentioned
> before.

The HD-PVR will not work if there is no audio connected to the
programmed input. At least, what I know for sure is that if you are
using the SPDIF input and there is no optical cable connected, it
doesn't work. This has *definitely* been mentioned here before; I
encountered this problem myself about a month ago.

--Greg