[mythtv-users] Problem adding slave backend "Error, invalid string list" 0.23+fixes24710

James Crow crow.jamesm at gmail.com
Wed May 26 13:54:06 UTC 2010

I am trying to track this down and think it is coming from this bit of
code in programs/mythbackend/mainserver.cpp

Can someone more familiar with c++ than I am tell me what I can add to
get better debugging info? I have already downloaded the deb-src and
rebuilt it so I can make small changes and test them rather easily.
The VERBOSE() call I added on line 1354 is the last thing logged
before the error from writeStringList();

   1334 void MainServer::SendResponse(MythSocket *socket, QStringList &commands)
   1335 {
   1336     // Note: this method assumes that the playback or filetransfer
   1337     // handler has already been uprefed and the socket as well.
   1338
   1339     // These checks are really just to check if the socket has
   1340     // been remotely disconnected while we were working on the
   1341     // response.
   1342
   1343     bool do_write = false;
   1344     if (socket)
   1345     {
   1346         sockListLock.lockForRead();
   1347         do_write = (GetPlaybackBySock(socket) ||
   1348                     GetFileTransferBySock(socket));
   1349         sockListLock.unlock();
   1350     }
   1351
   1352     if (do_write)
   1353     {
   1354         VERBOSE(VB_IMPORTANT, "writeStringList: mainserver.cpp
line 1354");
   1355         socket->writeStringList(commands);
   1356     }
   1357     else
   1358     {
   1359         VERBOSE(VB_IMPORTANT, "SendResponse: Unable to write
to client socket,"
   1360                 " as it's no longer there");
   1361     }
   1362 }

Thanks,
James