[mythtv-users] Upgrade to 0.23 broke themes

DaveD mythtv at guiplot.com
Tue May 25 06:56:38 UTC 2010

I upgraded my Fedora 11 system to 0.23 and the Metallurgy, Graphite, and
Mythbuntu themes are broke; the selected text is invisible.  The
Mythcenter and Terra themes are OK.  I've seen similar posts but no
solution.  One post I saw said to delete the ~/.mythtv/themecache
directory but that did not work for the OP nor did it work for me.  Are
these themes permanently broke?  Will they not be upgraded to work with
0.23?  (I really miss Titivillius, but I digress...)  Can someone point
me at a page with instructions on how to make a theme?  I'm guessing
it's a lot of work, considering the (relatively) small number to choose
from and the fact that old themes didn't get ported, but it might just
be worth it (I can't stand Terre (where the selected item is always in
the middle) and Mythcenter reminds me too much of M$).

Dave D.