[mythtv-users] upgrading from mythbuntu 7.10 to 10.04

Matzi Kratzi matzikratzi at gmail.com
Mon May 24 18:33:08 UTC 2010

I installed mythbuntu 10.04 on a new harddisc and tested it for a
while. Now I would like to have my old recordings back that are still
there along with the old mythbuntu dist.

I am using the official backup script
(http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/browser/trunk/mythtv/programs/scripts/database/mythconverg_backup.pl).

It seems OK when I run the script, even if I did get the backup in
/var/lib/mythtv/recordings/.

When I proceed with the instructions it

sudo stop mythtv-backend

 grep DBPassword /etc/mythtv/config.xml

 mysql -u mythtv -p -e "DROP DATABASE IF EXISTS mythconverg;"
mysql -u mythtv -p -e "CREATE DATABASE mythconverg;"

/usr/share/mythtv/mythconverg_restore.pl --directory
/var/lib/mythtv/db_backups --filename
mythconverg-1214-20100524124237.sql.gz

sudo start mythtv-backend

At this point, everything seems fine, but if I then try to run mythtv
backend setup from the menu, I end up with a dialog asking (translated
from Swedish):
Warning: MythTV will upgrade your database, for the TV Schema, from
1215 to 1254.

Databasehost: localhost
Databasename: mythconverg

Here I can choose abort or upgrade.

I get one more dialog, and choose upgrade again. This dialog is only
about where the backup of the database is placed and that there might
be instability after this.

There does not seem to be any upgrading done though. I always get this
even if I try to run mythtvbackendsetup again.

What am I doing wrong?

/Mats