[mythtv-users] MythMusic cuts tracks early

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Sun May 23 08:42:00 UTC 2010

On 23/05/10 02:51, Steve Greene wrote:
> Pretty simple problem, I play flac files from an NFS share and sometimes
> they cut out early to the next track.  I have seen the following error
> periodically:
>
>         2010-05-22 21:41:54.251 Read frame failed
>         [flac @ 0xabc31d20]MAX_READ_SIZE:5000000 reached
>         2010-05-22 21:41:59.416 WriteAudio: buffer underrun
>
> I'm running a frontend on an Asus EB1501, connected via ethernet.  I'm
> running JYA's excellent repository, with stock Lucid myth .deb's on the
> backend.  Mythfrontend log complains about protocol version check
> failures.  Could this be related?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Steve

Try playing the same track using ffplay. If you get the same problem
there then it's likely an ffmpeg bug and will have to be fixed by them.

The protocol version check error is unrelated. It does mean you have
incompatible versions of mythbackend and mythfrontend trying to talk to
each other which is a bad thing and needs to be fixed.

Paul H.