[mythtv-users] S-video again

Mike Holden mythtv at mikeholden.org
Thu May 20 10:04:35 UTC 2010

faginbagin wrote:
> I suspect the safest bet will be to copy a DVD's
> worth of recordings at a time, and I plan to use DVD-RAM and the
> dvd-vr ripper to do the job.

Just one word of warning on the DVD-RAM idea.

I also have a Panny DVD/HDD recorder from a few years back (possibly
DMR-EH50, or very similar!), and I found that putting a DVD-RAM disk
into a computer did something screwy to the format of the disk (even
when mounted readonly), that the panny then completely refused to
touch again, even failing to reformat the disk. This happened with
several disks before I gave up on the plan - they are too expensive
to turn into coasters (used them for computer backup disks instead)!

MythTV of course now means that it is gathering dust in a cupboard
somewhere!
--
Mike Holden

http://www.by-ang.com - the place to shop
for all manner of hand crafted items,
including Jewellery, Greetings Cards and Gifts