[mythtv-users] Two machines, one has pre-buffering, once doesn't

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Thu May 20 01:56:46 UTC 2010

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 12:05 PM, Christopher X. Candreva
<chris at westnet.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 17 May 2010, Deyan wrote:
>
>> Why not use the same network connection for the laptop, disable the
>> wireless card and see if you still have an issue. Of course it could
>
> So I plugged my 2ghz laptop into the same network connection as the 2.6ghz
> frontend, and it played the same program with no problems that that frontend
> gives the prebuffering pauses. Same cable.
>
> Any clues as to where I can look next ?

Wired machine has bad ethernet card or wrong driver? Is it a realtek?
See here for a thread re similar problems

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/mythtvnz/436219

and that thread spun off this one:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/mythtvnz/436117