[mythtv-users] MythTv 0.23 recording resolution and playback issues

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Wed May 19 18:56:56 UTC 2010

On 05/19/10 12:00, Ebsen, Mike P. wrote:

> The issue that I have is the apparent behavior differences between the
> 9.10 and 10.04 releases.  The 9.10 release produces *.mpg files that
> are only 548x480 while the 10.04 release produces *.mpg files that are
> 1920x1080 for EXTACTLY the same broadcasted content.  The machines are
> running side-by-side.  The user specified configurations look
> identical for both the front and back ends.

I'll say again, MythTV will only record the unaltered content as coming
straight out of the 2250.  The 2250 itself will only provide the content
as was broadcast by your cable company.  That means your cable company
is broadcasting at 1920x1080 with those huge black boarders.  You will
see the same video regardless of whether you are using 9.10 or 10.04.