[mythtv-users] Low-power/energy-efficient SD backend/server

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Wed May 19 10:32:00 UTC 2010

On 2010-05-19 12:14, Vitani wrote:
> I've done a bit of Googling, but all the site/thread/posts I find are 2
> or more years old, and thus are pretty irrelevant (or are they?). I'm
> happy to build my own box from scratch, or use something pre-built.

A simple VIA Epia EN12000 with a Terratec 1200 DVB-T card did 24/7
recordings of 3 channels off of one multiplex and once in a while it ran
the frontend.

Also:
A low power, cheap AMD Athlon can do what you want, easily.

See http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/425229 for the
current lowish power hardware that is running the same task now.
I upgraded a bit so it could run valgrind more or less well.
You can downgrade somewhat and watch/record TV easily.

Udo