[mythtv-users] S-video again

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Tue May 18 17:16:12 UTC 2010

Ted S wrote:
> On Monday 17 May 2010 01:32:14 pm Raymond Wagner wrote:
>> On 05/17/10 15:06, Ted S wrote:
>>> I have a working Hauppauge HVR-1600 (tv and cable) running on FC12 myth
>>> 0.23 I am trying to transfer my DTV PVR recordings to Myth.  I can tell
>>> my dvr to send to vcr -
>>> I am using s-video out on the dvr to s-video in on the 1600.
>> The different inputs are defined in step 4 of mythtv-setup.
>
> I must be thick headed -
>
> I know how to hook it up what i am having problems with is how to configure the
> card . It looks like if I don't assign a Video source, then I cannot pick it
> to view.  And how do you assign a Video source without a grabber and see it as
> a option to view or record while on "Live TV"?

If you can get the drive out of the DVR that would be your easiest solution.
Hook it up temporarily to the box where you're going to dump the video, then
just use rsync or similar to copy the files over, no need to bother Myth.

Getting all your recordings out of a box by streaming video sounds painful. How
many hours do you have? Remember, it will take you exactly that many hours to do
the transfer, and the quality will degrade, guaranteed.

Yank the hard disk and have done with it. Remember to mount it read only :)

--

Mike Perkins