[mythtv-users] Poll: best OS for an HTPC

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue May 18 16:33:45 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 18 May 2010 10:18:20 am Ben Kamen wrote:

> Is there any guesstimate as to how many MythTV installs are running out
>  there?

Obviously an exact count is not possible.

Schedules Direct would know how many subscribers they have, thought that would
be restricted to North American users. Many folks might use the same SD
account for multiple machines, also making the number less reflective of the
number of systems out there..

If it's not some sort of Deep Dark Secret, I'd like to see SD release that
number, though I can think of a few reasons they might not want to do that.

It's probably as close as we are likely to get to an estimate of Myth systems
out there, certainly Myth downloads do not equal running systems.

Registered users on this list might get close, though not all Myth users hang
out here, certainly this is the highest traffic mailing list I subscribe to, it
must have a lot of users.

I'd simply be interested in the order of magnitude of the number of Myth
users. Pure curiosity, no real "need to know".