[mythtv-users] easiest way to go from storage groups internal player to mplayer

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Tue May 18 13:40:46 UTC 2010

On 18 May 2010 21:16, ryan patterson <ryan.goat at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is fixing these bugs a priority?  What is the proper way to submit
> these to the developers?

Yes - they are a priority, though I'm surprised to hear you have so
many issues (I keep a sizeable collection of clips for
testing/debugging purposes and there are currently a tiny number with
significant issues - and those are mostly out of spec h264 files).

Anyway, the best way to get these issues fixed is to create a ticket
(http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/wiki/TicketHowTo) and at the very minimum
write a useful summary of the symptoms you are seeing, how to
re-create them and attach the full, unabridged output of 'mythfrontend
-v playback'.

If there is a crash involved, try and catch a backtrace
(http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-22.html#ss22.2).

If you really want it fixed, there is no substitute for making a 30-60
second clip available for download somewhere.

regards

Mark