[mythtv-users] BBC Red button/freesat

Robert Longbottom RobertCL at iname.com
Tue May 18 13:11:56 UTC 2010

On Tue, May 18, 2010 2:02 pm, James Thorpe wrote:
> On 18/05/2010 13:11, Another Sillyname wrote:
>> On 18 May 2010 12:46, James Thorpe<james at tfxsoft.com>  wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I'm using a DVB-S2 card on UK Freesat.  When I did my initial scan, it
>>> picked up 300+ channels.  I've filtered out most of the common ones I'd
>>> want
>>> to use, but I'm hoping someone might be able to point me in the
>>> direction of
>>> identifying which ones might be carrying the BBC red button coverage so
>>> don't have to trawl through all the channels to find it.  Do they even
>>> show
>>> up as normal channels that I can tune to?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> James.
>>
> So looking at:
>
> http://www.lyngsat.com/28east.html
>
> it's 12441V tp38 to cover all of them?  Seems I might be missing that
> (along with the one carrying BBC News) - will see if I can pick them up
> with another scan.
>
> Thanks,
> James.

Yes, thats the one - from my dtv_multiplex table:

        frequency: 12441000
        inversion: a
       symbolrate: 27500000
              fec: 2/3
         polarity: v

But I don't think I have BBC News on the same frequency.

mysql> SELECT channum, callsign FROM channel where mplexid = 38;
| channum | callsign |
| 6880    | STREAM-0 |
| 6881    | STREAM-1 |
| 6882    | STREAM-2 |