[mythtv-users] Please wait... slooow startup

Brent Bolin brent.bolin at gmail.com
Tue May 18 11:24:39 UTC 2010

I posted a couple of weeks ago about this.  One of the developers
responded to upgrade from .22 to .23

Haven't done this yet, waiting for a little while.

Noticed when setting up the firewall on the back end yesterday, the
back end was doing a reverse dns lookup when front ends connected.

When I did my last upgrade on the back end I forgot to edit /etc/hosts
with the network names/IP's

Makes all the difference in the world.  Brings the "Please wait"
message down from about 10-15 seconds to about 1-2 seconds.

Just an FYI.