[mythtv-users] Mysql permissions problem

Michael Tiller michael.tiller at gmail.com
Tue May 18 00:17:59 UTC 2010

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 7:40 PM, Michael Tiller <michael.tiller at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 5:13 PM, Peter Abplanalp <
> pta-myth at psaconsultants.com> wrote:
>
>> hi,
>>
>> would you mind posting the results of:
>>
>> use mysql;
>> select user, host from user;

I cleared out some of the unwanted hosts, etc.  I used mysql-admin to add
"anywhere" host (%) and then I gave it all privileges.  Now that command
returns:

mysql> select user, host from user;
+------------------+-----------+
| user             | host      |
+------------------+-----------+
| mythtv           | %         |
| root             | 127.0.0.1 |
| debian-sys-maint | localhost |
| mythtv           | localhost |
| root             | localhost |
+------------------+-----------+
5 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Also, I didn't notice this before by MythTV has its own special "include" in
the mysql config file that does a "bind-address = 0.0.0.0" which seems to be
what I want (I assume that means accept connection on any interface) so that
should rule out that issue.

Nevertheless, when I do this:

mtiller at mythtv:/var/log/mysql$ *mysql -h192.168.11.110 -umythtv -p*
Enter password:

I still get

ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'mythtv'@'192.168.11.110' (using
password: YES)