[mythtv-users] What replaces irw when using atilibusb for the remote receiver?

Don Brett dlbrett at zoominternet.net
Sun May 16 14:54:55 UTC 2010

Jarod Wilson wrote:
> On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 9:10 AM, Don Brett <dlbrett at zoominternet.net> wrote:
>> Jarod Wilson wrote:
>>> Change /etc/sysconfig/lirc back. Every key should then report
>>> something in irw when pressed. Map the key names irw reports to
>>> functions in ~/.mythtv/lircrc.
>> Right, I wasn't very clear on the last post...I did switch it back and it
>> did fix it  :).  But irw still gives no messages for certain buttons.  When
>> I pressed buttons 1, 2, 3, menu, 4...it looks like this:
>> [mythtv at nick ~]$ irw
>> 0000000080010002 00 KEY_1 devinput32
>> 0000000080010003 00 KEY_2 devinput32
>> 0000000080010004 00 KEY_3 devinput32
>> 0000000080010005 00 KEY_4 devinput32
>> Between KEY_3 and KEY_4 there should be something...but it just didn't
>> respond.  I assume there is not a corresponding code for whatever
>> ir-flickering the menu button is doing (I checked it, the menu button does
>> flicker).
>> There is a menu button defined in /etc/lirc/lircd.conf (KEY_MENU
>>    139), but maybe it's not the same as mine.  I was going to experiment
>> with lircd.conf and try to guess the right code.  Misguided???
> Unfortunately, that's not going to work. Your lircd.conf already has
> all the possible input layer values in it, so it sounds to me like the
> driver for this device has an incomplete key mapping table, and the
> signal from your menu button isn't getting mapped to anything in the
> driver, thus no input keycode is being passed along. You could try
> compiling and running evtest (can be found on the beagleboard site w/a
> quick google search) and run it against your remote's input device to
> verify that nothing is getting passed along, and/or the driver for
> your card may have some sort of debug module parameter that will spit
> out something when unknown keycodes are seen.
Thanks for the heads up before I went down a blind alley.  I mapped the 
working buttons, so now enough are correct to make this remote usable, 
so I think I'll use it as-is.  Thanks a ton for all the help; I think 
I'll keep the evtest experiment for a future experiment.

More information about the mythtv-users mailing list