[mythtv-users] Tanscoding recording form HD-PVR

Teruel de Campo MD chusty at attglobal.net
Sat May 15 14:37:35 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-05-13 at 09:25 -0400, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> On 5/13/2010 07:50, Teruel de Campo MD wrote:
> > Problem: I can not transcode the recording that come from the HD-PVR.
> >

> A bit of clarification... You can transcode HDPVR recordings just fine,
> but you cannot losslessly cut them without transcoding by using
> mythtranscode.

Raymond,

Thxs. For some reason I cannot cut the commercials cut list, seems the
transcoding is not working. Most likely the problem is in my end but I
can not find it.

This is my present setup

In the transcoder page there are three entries

Hardware DVB encoders (I have the pcHDTV HD5500 also installed)
HD-PVR Recorders
Tanscoders

I open the Transcoder entry and each one them

Autodetect from RTjpeg/MPG4
Autodetect from MPG4
High Quality
Medium Quality
Low Quality

I left Unchecked

Lossless transcoding
Resize Video while transcoding

When I turn on the transcoding it seems is working but when is done the
commercials are still there. This is the same procedure I use to use
with the old analog pvr-350 as well as I can do now with the pcHDTV
HD5500 recording from OTA. It is with the HD-PVR that I have the
problems.
Before I did the initial post I look at most of the threads but I have
not been able to find the answer. I am missing something but ....cannot
find it.
I appreciate any pointer or areas to look at it.

Thxs Raymond.

-=terry=-