[mythtv-users] Comcast in Massachusetts/New Hampshire area recently encrypted channels

Jacob Steenhagen jacob at steenhagen.us
Sat May 15 14:18:30 UTC 2010

On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 12:53 AM, MarcT <myrdhn at gmail.com> wrote:

>  At some point this week Comcast started encrypting just over half of the
> QAM channels that were previously in the clear.
>
> scte65scan shows that the lineup has not changed and that all the channels
> are still on the same multiplexes.
>
> A few of the channels now encrypted are SYFY and Comedy Central.

I have the same issue here in West Michigan... I called Comcast and the rep
claimed that he doesn't show anything in his system that says they recently
started encrypting those channels (I gave him a short list of 5-7 QAM
stations that used to work but don't anymore). They are sending a tech out
on Monday, but I somehow doubt the tech will be able to do anything.

--
http://jacob.steenhagen.us