[mythtv-users] No GUID showing up in Firewire capture card setup

Bob Shanteau rmshant at gmail.com
Fri May 14 14:37:43 UTC 2010

Comcast just encrypted most of the digital channels here in Seaside, CA,
so I bit the bullet and paid for a digital package. They gave me a DCH
3200 set top box that has a couple of firewire ports on the back, one of
which I connected to the firewire port on an old FIC AU13 motherboard
that I had laying around. I installed MythDora 12.23 and find that dmesg
reports fw0 being created with a GUID, but when I go to the Firewire
page of Capture Card Setup, there is no entry in the GUID box. How do I
find out what's wrong?

Bob Shanteau