[mythtv-users] Upgraded from mythbuntu 9.10 to 10.04 now apache often doesn't start at boot

Ash Bostock abostock at gmail.com
Fri May 14 14:21:42 UTC 2010

I recently upgraded to mythbuntu 10.04 and now quite often apache doesn't
automatically start at boot time.

On those occasions it will always start without fail if I manually run:
sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 start

After the upgrade I noticed that my runlevel wasn't being set, this was due
to an issue with upstart and my /etc/network/interfaces file.
So I reset that file to the defaults and configured static ip networking
with the network-manager gui instead.
Now I have a runlevel correctly set on boot and I thought that had fixed it,
but I've had apache fail to start multiple times since.

I've also purged the apache packages + configs but with no luck.

I can't find anything in the logs to explain the issue so is any one else
seeing this problem with init.d scripts not running?
or more importantly know what I can do next to debug/fix it?

Thanks,
Ash