[mythtv-users] NVidia driver giving me grief

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Fri May 14 13:24:39 UTC 2010

On 05/13/2010 11:43 PM, Colin Haubrich wrote:
> Hi Geoff,
>
> Here's what I have for NVIDIA shared libraries:
>
> [root at linuxserv usr]# find . -name "*NVIDIA*" -print
> ./lib64/libXvMCNVIDIA_dynamic.so
> ./lib64/libXvMCNVIDIA.a
> ./lib64/libXvMCNVIDIA.so.173.14.25
> ./lib64/libXvMCNVIDIA_dynamic.so.1
> ./share/doc/NVIDIA_GLX-1.0
> ./share/doc/NVIDIA_GLX-1.0/NVIDIA_Changelog

This is good. Now you need to compile using:

./configure  --enable-x11 --enable-xrandr --enable-xv --enable-xvmc
--enable-xvmcw

(AND TRY WITH AND WITHOUT --enable-opengl-vsync Might help with any
choppiness).

Create the /etc/X11/XvMCConfig file with the single line
"libXvMCNVIDIA_dynamic.so", reboot (not sure that a re-start of X will
do everything necessary) and try playing some files.

As before, the wiki has details.

Geoff