[mythtv-users] passing options to userspace atilibusb module

Larry mythtv at american-hero.com
Thu May 13 02:07:32 UTC 2010

On 5/12/2010 7:38 PM, Larry wrote:
> I'm migrating from a mythbuntu to mythdora frontend and I cant seem to
> figure out how to fix my remote.
>
> In mythbuntu they still used the lirc_atiusb module.  I could pass
> options to it via the /etc/modprobe.d/options file
> in my case I use:
>
> options lirc_atiusb unique=1 debug=1 mask=0x0400
>
> In Fedora/Mythdora this module is depreciated and now uses atilibusb or
> so I have read.
>
> I have a couple of questions.  I'm not all that familiar (ok,not at all
> familar!) with userspace modules so these may be stupid questions.
>
> First, how do I determine if this module is loaded?  I'm not seeing it
> loaded if I do an lsmod. Is there another command to run?
> I see that my lirc is loaded with that driver so do I thereby assume it
> was properly loaded?
>
> Secondly, how do I pass these options along to this new module?  I cant
> believe its just a matter of changing the name in the options file so I
> thought I would ask here.
>
> I have been googling but haven't hit upon the magic search phrase that
> can so me the light so I'm hoping someone else has some guidance for me.

so I found an article describing my issue and in the article it taked
about rebuilding your lircd.conf file with irrecord.
On a whim i gave it a try and low and behold it works.

I would have assumed that irw would have just spit out nonesense if it
didn't understand what was being presented but it doesn't.
Once again I see what assuming does.

Anyways, lirc is fixed.  Look for my next email about the real problem
that started the migration from mythbuntu to mythdora :)

Thanks

Larry