[mythtv-users] Screen blanks after exiting a recording that is being watched (Fedora 12)

John Nissley jnissley at nissley.org
Tue May 11 23:58:31 UTC 2010

I am running trunk 24586 and with this upgrade started having issues
when I back out of a recording I am watching.  The menu will display for
1 to 5 seconds and then the screen will go blank.  No matter what I do
after the screen goes blank I can not get the picture back until I
restart X.  This is happening on two different front ends running fedora
12 with the same video card.  When I skip forward and backward while
watching a recorded show the menu will display briefly before going back
to the show.

System info:
Fedora 12  2.6.32.11-99.fc12.x86_64
VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation GeForce 9500 GT (rev a1)
 mythbackend --version
MythTV Version   : 24586
MythTV Branch    : trunk
Network Protocol : 56
Library API      : 0.23.20100509-2
QT Version       : 4.6.2
Options compiled in:
 linux release using_oss using_alsa using_backend using_dvb
using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv
using_joystick_menu using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video
using_opengl_vsync using_qtdbus using_qtwebkit using_v4l using_x11
using_xrandr using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmc_vld using_xvmcw
using_bindings_perl using_opengl using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads
using_live using_mheg

I have the bare minimum in my xorg.conf file.

Any suggestions would be appreciated or let me now if I should post this
in a different list.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5106 (20100511) __________

http://www.eset.com