[mythtv-users] 0.23 and [no] video storage group question

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Tue May 11 20:09:24 UTC 2010

> also better mkv support would be nice (multiple audio tracks,
> subtitles, etc) before we lose external player support

In what sense? I already use mkv files with 2 audio tracks (AAC+AC3 or
AAC+DTS) and with 2 embedded subtitle tracks on myth 0.22. I'm not
sure if it handles BluRay PGS subtitle tracks. I saw a patch a while
back that was supposed to support it, but I never tested it since I
can't seem to figure out how to get the PGS tracks into the mkv file
(handbrake doesn't do it, and mkvmerge doesn't seem to handle
inserting PGS yet).