[mythtv-users] analog recordings won't play with some devices (long and confusing)

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Tue May 11 16:32:54 UTC 2010

| From: Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>

| If nothing else, I recommend changing your recording profiles to all use 720
| width.  So, for NTSC, 720x480; or for PAL, 720x586.

I will try that.

Is there a good writeup on choosing or designing recording profiles?

My recordings do show the whole width, as far as I can tell.  I
assumed/guessed that using a width smaller than 720 would just reduce
the file size (and quality) of recordings.

|  I'm assuming the sampling
| rate is actually 48000 (48kHz), and if so, that's good.

Yes, I mistyped.

Thanks for your help.