[mythtv-users] Zotac ZBox HD-ID11-U (ION 2?)ships

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue May 11 15:57:39 UTC 2010

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 11:38 AM, Dan Wilga
<mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu> wrote:
> Will it be any better at playing back MPEG4? The thought of having to
> convert many hundreds of files to another format has been keeping me from
> getting an ION up to now.

from what I've seen ION2 is a feature set C system since it's based on
the GT210/220 hardware (I believe some have called it GT218, a bit
better than the GT210 but not quite as good as the GT220) which means
it will be able to offload MPEG4 decoding to the GPU which the first
series of ION could not.

The ION"1" is feature set B, so no mpeg4 support

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!