[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.23 Available

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Tue May 11 15:35:37 UTC 2010

> What Blu-Ray do you think you will be watching in Myth (or on Linux in
> general, for that matter)?  If you are thinking of "movie studio"
> releases, you will need to think again.

I rip BluRay movies under windows using AnyDVD-HD to strip off the
protection. This gives me the entire BD folder structure unencrypted.
Unfortunately, myth doesn't support the BD file structure, so I then
have to use ClownBD (which is just a wrapper for eac3to and tsmuxer)
to extract each individual video clip to a m2ts file so I can actually
watch it under myth. Unfortunately, this means that either I have to
go through the process of extracting each feature separately (main
movie, individual deleted scenes, director commentary, etc), or I just
give up and do without anything but the main movie. The latter is the
route I go just because it's such a pain to do otherwise.

If myth could handle the full BD movie, that would be wonderful even
if there isn't a good way to remove the encryption under linux.

--
Ron