[mythtv-users] How can I set the RTC date?

Vince Coen vbcoen at btconnect.com
Tue May 11 15:28:32 UTC 2010

Hi;

I have set up the Bios alarm startup RTC to 18:45 as I normally do not have
any recording prior to 19:00 but I would like to auto adjust the time the
media computer starts to the earliest scheduled recording minus Y minutes.

Why?, I used to have the box on 24/7 but with the price of electricity going
up I have realised that having it on for 15-17 hours a day more than is needed
is costing 300kW or more over a three month period (on the basis of 200w usage
per hour.

Does any one know a way to do this within mythbuntu?

I'm using Mythbuntu 9.10 with mythtv v0.22 (and a Hauppauge Nova-T 500 TV
card) but at some point will upgrade to 10.04/0.23 when the bug issues settles
down.

Vince