[mythtv-users] 0.23 and [no] video storage group question

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Tue May 11 15:23:52 UTC 2010

   When I moved to 0.22 from 0.21, one (arguably now not the best) option
for MythVideo was to not have a videos storage group in mythsetup, and
instead set up local videos/banners/etc. dirs. in the individual front-ends.
  I forget why I decided that was a good idea, I think it was because I
still wanted to locally use mplayer, and also that there were hints that
storage groups were still a little 'beta'.

   I kind of get the impression that this will no longer work in 0.23;  is
that the case?

   If I *do* need a video storage group ... is it possible to add that
without losing all my carefully set up videometadata?  I don't mind getting
a little clever with SQL ...

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature