[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.23 Available

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Tue May 11 10:58:24 UTC 2010

NT4usB wrote:

> The Myth part is straightforward, I know. The theme tweaks I can do over
> since I got a lot of practice fixing them after every myth update.
> IVTV stuff could probably be recycled.
> The system is a kludge, beginning with Dapper and 0.19 so a good
> flushing isn't going to hurt.
> Probably time to consolidate all my tuners in one backend and save a
> little power along the way.
> oh, the dread...
> Anyway, a big THANK YOU to all the devs for their hard work!

Why don't you try it first? You might find that the need for a lot of your
tweaks has disappeared. Since 0.21 appeared there have been great leaps in
functionality for kernels, drivers and apps, and there have been many
improvements in Myth since then.

Set up a stand-alone system on 0.23 (with a fresh, new, OS install of course)
and give it a run, explore what's available now. You may just save yourself a
ton of work.

--

Mike Perkins