[mythtv-users] Recommendation for a tuner card

Patrick Doyle wpdster at gmail.com
Mon May 10 16:31:18 UTC 2010

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 12:20 PM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:
> On Monday 10 May 2010 10:13:04 am Patrick Doyle wrote:
>> I believe that my WOOT special USB stick tuner did not survive a
>> recent power outage for some reason, so I need to purchase a new tuner
>> card.  Would anybody care to to recommend an ATSC (and preferably QAM
>> too) tuner card that works well with Myth?  It doesn't need to be USB.
>>  If it were known to have better sensitivity (i.e. can pick up signals
>> better) than some other card, that would be a definite plus.
>
> The obvious answer would be an HDHR.
Thanks... I'll go look at that.

> As for sensitivity, the problem is that most postings here related to that
> subject are very subjective, and may not relate to your particular situation.
There is a specific objective sensitivity measurement that can be made
for radio receivers.  It's not typically published for consumer grade
electronics.  For mass market electronics that are all based on the
same design, or a very small number of designs, there may be no
difference in sensitivity.

But if there is one receiver that performs better than others, I
figured folks on this list would know that.  So I figured I'd ask.

--wpd