[mythtv-users] Your recording statistics?

Eloy Paris peloy at chapus.net
Mon May 10 15:21:10 UTC 2010

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 04:03:49PM +0100, Robert Longbottom wrote:

> Hmm, I didn't think I watched that much TV...

Haha. Nice stats. Do you guys watch everything you record? In our case,
for the most part, we do, although every now and then I'll record a
movie or show that I end up not liking so I delete it without finishing
it. We also record some shows (like "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit")
that just pile up in there and we watch them whenever we don't have
recorded anything else we like.

Our kids watch a bit of LiveTV. My guess is that these stats include
LiveTV as well, at least as of the MythTV release that made LiveTV work
very similarly to regular, scheduled recordings.

By the way, it'd be nice to have a way to know how much time you've
saved through the years by skipping commercials -- I am sure we have
saved a huge amount of time by not having to watch commercials :-)

Cheers,

Eloy Paris.-