[mythtv-users] Upgrade to Ubuntu 10.04 breaks LIRC

Jack McGee jack at greendesk.net
Sat May 8 15:46:02 UTC 2010

Thanks Jarod, that makes sesnse.

I am burning through rechargeable batteries on my wireless keyboard in
the meantime.

So, it doesn't appear on the fast track to get LIRC updated on Ubuntu
Lucid so I can use my Hauppage TV Card receiver.

I thought I would try a USB MCE Remote that came with a PVR150 years ago.
It is detected by lsusb as
Bus 003 Device 003: ID 1784:0001 TopSeed Technology Corp.

Could not get that to work either, at least didn't know what to pick
when I reconfigured lirc, some googling showed that don't work either:

But I learned that"building the latest lirc cvs" fixed it so what the
heck, it's not working now, followed this:

http://www.lirc.org/cvs.html

what's the best way out of this mess.  What is the best supported USB
based IR receiver that works out of box on Ubuntu 10.04?

and anyone know if it's necessary to clean out what did?
http://www.lirc.org/cvs.html