[mythtv-users] [MythVideo] Videos with special characters in filename are not found

Mirko mirko2324 at yahoo.de
Sat May 8 12:07:05 UTC 2010

Hello,

I have a problem with the new version 0.23 of MythTV. I hope I'm right
here :-) . I also have created a bug report but it was not accepted
(http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/8411).

Now to my problem:

If I copy a video with special characters (umlauts like äöü) in the
filename into the directory /var/lib/mythtv/videos/ I can't see this
video in MythTV (MediaLibrary - Watch Videos). All other videos (without
any umlauts) I can see without problems.

After renaming the file with umlauts into a filename without any umlauts
the video are found after a rescan (Scan for changes).

I have tested this with Ubuntu 10.04 (german installation) and the
included version of MythTV.

Can someboy help me?