[mythtv-users] hosed database (again) [solved]

Mike McMullin mwmcmlln at mnsi.net
Fri May 7 20:20:43 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-05-05 at 16:30 -0400, Mike McMullin wrote:
> I'm not sure how this happened but my database is once again hosed.
>
> When I try and start mysql I'm seeing these errors:
> Running 'mysqlcheck'...
> mysql.columns_priv                                 OK
> mysql.db                                           OK
> mysql.event                                        OK
> mysql.func                                         OK
> mysql.general_log
> Error    : Can't find file: 'general_log' (errno: 2)
> error    : Corrupt
> mysql.help_category                                OK
> mysql.help_keyword                                 OK
> mysql.help_relation                                OK
> mysql.help_topic                                   OK
> mysql.host                                         OK
> mysql.ndb_binlog_index                             OK
> mysql.plugin                                       OK
> mysql.proc                                         OK
> mysql.procs_priv                                   OK
> mysql.servers                                      OK
> mysql.slow_log
> Error    : Can't find file: 'slow_log' (errno: 2)
> error    : Corrupt

> mythconverg.phonedirectory                         OK
> : mythconverg.pidcache                               OK
> Got error: 1102: Incorrect database name 'mythconverg.11-02-2009' when
> selecting
>  the databasemythconverg.playgroup                              OK

  Here's the offense by removing the directory named
mythconverg.11-02-2009 from /var/lib/mysql, I was able to start mysql,
and then mythtv, things seem back to normal, and I hope that no-one ever
needs this info again!

> mythconverg.videosource                            OK
> mythconverg.videotypes                             OK
> mythconverg.websites                               OK
> FATAL ERROR: Upgrade failed

  This as well.

   [snip]

>   What on earth am I looking at in terms of a problem and how do I fix
> this mess?

  Now it would be nice to know how this thing sat there since November
02 2009 and didn't cause a problem, how it got there and why it became a
problem.

  Fortunately I didn't lose that many programs that I wanted to record,
but I am definitely migrating over to Ubuntu, after I attempt a database
backup, and restore to Ubuntu.