[mythtv-users] Super tiny fonts (1pt?) in new setup

Chris Cooper cdcooper at shaw.ca
Fri May 7 18:13:02 UTC 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Michael T. Dean
Sent: Friday, May 07, 2010 11:56 AM
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Super tiny fonts (1pt?) in new setup

On 05/07/2010 01:35 PM, Chris Cooper wrote:
> I was a previous user of MythTV for years up to 0.21, but switched to
XBMC.
> Now I'm looking at trying out MythTV again to see what's new, but I'm
> have no luck being able to configure it because I can't read anything on
screen.
> Please see here for two screenshots taken through VNC (1024x768) to see
what
> I mean: 1<http://www.sefia.ca/Mythtv1.png>   2
> <http://www.sefia.ca/Mythtv2.png>    The issue is the same regardless of
VNC
> or using the local display.
>
> I know that this may not be a myth issue, but apps such as
> qtconfig-qt44 look ok so I figured I might as well start here.  The
> default theme and Terra theme both have the same problem.  Can anyone
> point me in the right direction?
>

> This is the same install (CentOS) that I previously used for Myth,
> just software updates since then.  The hardware has also since
> changed, from sis to intel video.  All myth 21 packages had been
> previously removed and the database was dropped.  I have initially
> tried 0.23 from atrpms, have since tried 0.24 from bleeding and 0.22 as
well.  All the same.

> -          Removed all mythtv* and libmyth* packages again.
>
> -          Groupremoved Xorg
>
> -          Removed a few other xorg and font packages remaining
>
> -          Cleaned out the /etc/X11, /use/share/mythtv, /usr/lib64/mythtv
> directories
>
> -          Reinstalled Xorg and MythTV 0.23
>
> -          Removed qt4, qt4-mysql (since atrpms installed qt44 versions)
>
> Same result
>

> I'm at a loss as to what to do next.

You most likely have old/broken themes installed.  Clean them all up (in
/usr/{,local/}share/mythtv and in $HOME/.mythtv/themes

Mike

That was my original thought too, I've deleted both /usr/share/mythtv and
$HOME/.mythtv a couple times throughout this with no change (nothing in
/usr/local/share).