[mythtv-users] Lirc broken again

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Fri May 7 16:23:17 UTC 2010

On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 6:12 AM, Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:
> This looks very similar (identical maybe) to
> http://old.nabble.com/trouble-using-lirc-on-fc12-%28wrong-major-node-number-for-device-%29%60-td27540791.html.
> Fedora 12, serial IR receiver, and inconsistencies in the device major
> number.
>
> Problem is, there wasn't a fix there - just an acknowledgement that
> there may be a problem with lirc and serial receivers.

Odds are your problem is not the same as the one I just encountered
(you are using a serial ir receiver and I was using the one that came
with my pvr-350); however, it is possible.  Upgrading the kernel
enabled a new lirc driver that took over /dev/lirc0 and I had to
blacklist it.  You may want to do a lsmod |grep lirc to see if that is
happening to you.  Here is the thread that explains more with Jarod's
fix: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/434728?search_string=lirc;#434728